This list includes my activity on a variety of online platforms, and my work with various software programs.
I post on social personally and do not use an “auto-posting” service. Having become familiar with each platform, I find it easy – and more appropriate given the different audiences of each – to post on them individually and separately. I established my presence on the below platforms myself.
- WordPress | Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog | Est. 2011 | Some 200 nations have visited, normally about 40 to 50 different nations each month
- WordPress | Carolyn M. Appleton, Inc.
- Alignable | Local Austin business platform
- AngelList | I enjoy working with startups and innovators of all kinds, and I have also shared a few innovative projects for which I would like to secure funding.
- Dropbox | For collaborative work in the cloud and secure transfer of large documents (registered as: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Facebook page for Carolyn M. Appleton, Inc. | Est. summer, 2015 (my private Facebook page was established in 2009)
- Google+ | Google Calendar, Docs, Drive, Hangout, Mail, Maps, Movie/Animations/Photos, YouTube and Search
- GreatNonprofits and GuideStar| I have my own GreatNonprofits review page. I have also set-up a few GreatNonprofits profiles, and GuideStar gold seal profiles for organizations like EcoRise Youth Innovations, Austin Free-Net, Texas Sealife Center and the Port Aransas Art Center. If you need help with your GuideStar profile, use the secure contact form to reach me!
- Instagram | Photographs and videos are all by me unless otherwise noted
- LinkedIn | Here is a link to my series of blog postson LinkedIn
- Nonprofit Tech Club Austin | I have been the primary coordinator since 2015 (to read a report, follow this link to ISSUU)
- Pinterest | I am a regular “pinner” and have had profile visits in the range of 20,000 to 27,000 monthly
- Slack | NetSquared, NTEN (tech club private organizer groups)
- SlideShare | Est. 2010 | More than 65,000+ site visits
- Tumblr | I have three Tumblrs (this link is primary)
- Twitter | Est. 2010 with more than 50 nations following
- Vitae | The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Yelp | Personal opinions, some work related and others not | Joined the Yelp Elite Squad in October, 2016 (7,000 to 10,000 monthly review and photo visits)
- YouTube | YouTube Video Editor, Adobe Spark, Google Movie creations, plus a few Periscopes for the sake of example
I do have interests aside from my primary focus on nonprofit fundraising and social media communications. The two following Tumblrs focus on those endeavors:
- Carolyn’s Arbonne Tumblr and Carolyn’s Arbonne Page (on the Arbonne website)
- Carolyn’s Special Items
- I use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint in my daily work | I have launched and managed email communication programs using Constant Contact, iContact and MailChimp | I have used simple Excel spreadsheets and Word tables and charts to manage major gift campaigns with success, and also CRMs like Z2 NEON (and a modest amount of Raiser’s Edge) | I have used WealthEngine on three separate occasions (using basic Microsoft Access) | I have recently added Qgiv online donation processing to my list of skills (platform setup) | I have become familiar with the planned giving platform, Giving Docs | I recently helped build-out a profile on a Bevy Labs platform| I find software fairly easy to learn and adopt, and I have completed numerous online grant applications using various types of software programs as needed.
- I have experience setting-up and managing giving platforms like Amplify Austin, GivingTuesday, GoFundMe and Crowdrise | If you need help setting up your page and/or managing your online campaigns, let me know.
- My personal page on Facebook is reserved for friends, some going back to grade school days, professional colleagues, family, donors, volunteers and professional advisors | An “open” link is not included | I created a new Arbonne Facebook page in December, 2016.
- Now defunct platforms: RebelMouse and my former WordPress site called Fundraising Resources (merged with Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog in 2015) | If you have questions, use the secure contact form found on this website.
I own my WordPress and Tumblr website URLs (domains), with carolynmappleton.com being primary. All content on those sites and on Facebook, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, LinkedIn SlideShare, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube and the like has been created and managed by me personally unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.