In 2010, I adopted a number of social media platforms for ongoing communications. I also launched Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog in 2011, which has welcomed visitors from more than 200 nations (organic). I do not pay to boost or buy followers on my platforms. All content is written and posted by me.
Social Media Management, Reporting and (Casual) Photography
- Social media platform creation and management, and live reporting of special events (conferences, lectures, meetings, receptions, fairs and more), are activities I enjoy. Each platform is unique. I do not use “auto-posting” services because of this fact, but I have used some of those services in the past should that be helpful and necessary.
- Twitter is my “live” reporting platform of choice, but I also enjoy posting on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, Tumblr and more. I try to strengthen interest in my posts by incorporating links and smartphone photos. To read my article on social media stewardship and research for nonprofits for ADRP, follow this link to Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog.
- A master’s degree in art history has given me a good sense of visual presentation. I strive to make my subjects look as attractive as possible, unless another purpose has been requested (humorous and the like). I normally inform my posting and blogging with a positive, “development” mindset. I also enjoy making the common individual look “iconic.” Humble humans are a favorite subject.
- I use an iPhone with a portable charger while reporting for more lengthy assignments. I can “live” report and post immediately, or save imagery for review and refining later. You can see some of my “live” reporting – and posting to a Google Photo album – by following this link. Included are a few Google Movies, animations and the like added later on.
- All photos belong to you at the conclusion of the event photo-documented (if you are paying for my services, otherwise we share ownership of those items). I can upload imagery to a file in the cloud (as in Dropbox, Google or other cloud platforms), or I can share the imagery via email or flash drive.
- I reserve the right to retain a selection of images for my professional files, and sometimes share these on my personal platforms. If you have concerns, do not hesitate to ask. I am open to negotiation. Do you see a photo on my platform(s) that you would like to purchase? Use my secure contact form to reach me.
- If you need help managing your social media platforms over the long haul, I am happy to consider your request. That is a more in-depth commitment, but one worth considering. My mindset is always to be consistent, to show my organizations in a favorable light, to catch attention, to chat with readers, and to be genuinely helpful to them. I have also supported emergency communications on social media.
- For on-the-ground “live” video blogging, I routinely use Instagram and Vine Camera (tied to Twitter). I use an iPhone, and have done a few more lengthy videos using my iPhone’s video features. To post imagery and videos immediately, I would require access to the passwords of your preferred platforms (which can then be deleted upon completion of the assignment). Or, I can forward the recordings to your organization for review and posting by a second party.
- YouTube Video Editor has provided me with the opportunity to create video collages that include brief video clips and static photography – or sometimes only static photography with transition elements that create the illusion of movement – to create stories about events or biographies (like my own). See my YouTube channel for more. These typically take a few days to create; they are carefully compiled and organized, timed, some effects may be added (like slow motion, which I find helpful with Vine videos), and music chosen to accompany each video.
- I have experimented with Google Movies. These are created using the Google Photo app and can be quite attractive and modern, although you have less control over how your finished productions will look. Follow the link to my YouTube channel where I have posted a sampling.
- Adobe Spark is a new favorite. To see examples of my work, follow this link to YouTube, where I have posted examples in a separate Adobe Spark section.
Websites, Platform Management
- I have created websites from scratch for myself and others using WordPress and Tumblr. I normally make use of preset templates, and these can be quite cost-effective for nonprofits and small businesses. For two examples of my work on WordPress (free, unpublished drafts for the sake of example only), follow this link and this one.
- Of course, to create a website, to purchase a more elaborate template, to block outside advertisements, to migrate a site to another location online, to acquire the domain, to acquire stock photos and the like requires some investment of funding (often still quite modest). A great deal can be done on platforms with templates that are free of charge. These are also easy to manage for the long term and I always teach the organizations with which I work how to manage the sites after having designed them.
- I am comfortable managing social media programs and platforms. This does take time and ongoing monitoring and curating, of course. I can also help simply launch your presence on a certain platform, and you can take it from there. I always teach my organizations how to carry forward once I have completed a project along these lines. If you have questions, use my secure contact form.
- Fees depend on the project and the hours it takes to prepare, implement and follow-up (or manage for the long term). I can work on an hourly or a daily basis. I prefer discussing details with each client individually to ensure the needs of both parties are met.
- If an activity to be reported occurs within Central Texas, I can cover basic travel costs, but if there are entrance (or other) fees, those should be provided by the client.
- I can travel outside of Central Texas to conduct social media reporting of events, but travel expenses must be covered by the client. I am cost-conscious in my travel and make every effort to reduce unnecessary expenses.
- Contact me via the secure online form provided. Thank you!